Wednesday, February 12, 2020



WINTER IN PORTUGAL...


Here's a quick reaction to my Portugal trip:

If you are considering a trip to visit another country, I would strongly recommend considering Road Scholar.  Recently I returned from my first adventure, and I couldn’t be more enthusiastic in recommending their program. You have the opportunity to become immersed in the history and culture of the area (all program components are included in the program cost).  Here are a few of the highlights of my trip:
·      Savor traditional cuisine at a local farmer’s market and enjoy a personalized cooking class
·      Visit a tile factory to observe the art of creating and preserving tiles 
·      Tour the Gulbenkian Art Museum
·      Learn the history of Mafra Royal Palace and Monastery built in the 18thcentury--while touring it 
·      Investigate the Pena Palace, the Sixth Wonder of Portugal
·      Experience Fado, a genre of traditional Portugal music dating from the 18thcentury
A week in Portugal was just a brief introduction to the country’s rich history.  Let me know if I can share additional information with you.
         
         

         

No comments:

Post a Comment